Monday, October 13, 2014

Downton Abbey Season 5 (no spoilers)

No, Sybil does not come back from the dead in Season 5, but I loved this picture so I am using it.
I'm watching Downton Abbey Season 5 along with the Brits. All by my lonesome, too, since Jeremy checked out after Season 3 and hasn't come back. There are things that bother me about the show, too, but I've found that Downton Abbey makes me feel cosy - like all is right in the world. I associate it strongly with our time here - Season 1 started just after we moved to the UAE. I don't always care about the intricacies of all the plot lines - I'm just happy to be tucked into bed after a long day and spending some time with interesting people having romantical problems in the (increasingly less) olden days.

No spoilers for now, though. I am writing up posts as I watch to put on the blog once the season starts in the US. See you then!

2 comments:

Glenda The Good said...

I checked out after season three as well. I thought maybe I'd come back but I think now I'm pretty sure I'm done. I cut out on the last seasons of Call the Midwife as well. I don't know what is happening to me...maybe I just got a little too much of a good thing.... :(

Suzanne Bubnash said...

You mean "I'm just happy to be tucked into bed after a long day and spending some time with interesting people who wear gorgeous clothing while living in stunning splendor with servants catering to their every need, who dine on scrumptious food and who have spare time and means to ride perfectly groomed horses across their estate and visit London in a grand manner."

That's why DA is so popular. It gives us a glimpse into a life foreign to us, a life we will never have. Looking forward to season 5.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails