Wednesday, January 07, 2015

A challenging 140km race

This piece about Jeremy ran on the AUS blog today: AUS professor to compete in challenging 140km race.

I have to say, I love the use of "challenging" here. Because 140km doesn't make it obvious enough.

Speaking of obvious, obviously I am very proud of Jeremy and I can't wait to hear how it all goes as he runs tomorrow. And the next day. And the day after that.

In the article, it quotes Jeremy as saying that while he stays away from sweets, he does occasionally eat chocolate, peanut butter, and ice cream. What he actually said was that he occasionally eats chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I am so sad that there is an editor out there who doesn't know that chocolate peanut butter ice cream is a thing! I hope s/he encounters it someday soon.

Happy racing!

8 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

You should send some of that ice cream to the editor's office. As a treat. =) Except don't. Because that's sort of rude. But still. No one should be deprived of such a thing!!!!

YAY JEREMY!!!!!!!!!!!1

Liz Johnson said...

I feel like I should congratulate you for supporting him through all of this training. That is no small feat, in and of itself.

Also, I cannot even fathom running 140km. It makes no logical sense in my head, but I'm glad that Jeremy gets to do it. GOOD LUCK, JEREMY!

Susanne said...

Way to go, Jeremy!

Jeremy Palmer said...

Bridget deserves thanks for taking care of the kids whenever I go on long runs! And she takes care of me when I return and can't walk!

Kathy Haynie said...

What an amazing adventure. You and Jeremy are both so inspiring. I will be keeping him in my prayers these three days - can't wait for next week's blog post about it!

Nancy said...

Amazing.

Running in the sand is no piece of cake. Running in the sand for 140km is...worthy of as much chocolate peanut butter ice cream as Jeremy can eat in one sitting.

Caitlin Carroll said...

Way to make all the other husbands look like bums, Jeremy.

ALSO. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Haagen Daz (I always spell that wrong) was all I ate while laboring with Tallulah and it was amazing.

Liz Johnson said...

So... is he alive?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails