Friday, January 16, 2015

January 16th, outsourced

Why language exceptions remain the rule (like went instead of goed). [HT Kaylee]

Adorably confused baby meets twins.

Why Michigan? This is an amazing story about a Mormon man serving his mission and finding an interesting connection to the place years later.

Shannon Hale on the financial feasibility of book signings/appearances, especially for authors who must also pay for childcare.

The many epiphanies of Jessica Fletcher (Murder, She Wrote).

13 amazing food and life hacks you need to know RIGHT NOW. (They're not what you think.) [HT Ashi]

Should you buy a selfie stick? [HT Andrew]

Also:
How much should you pay the babysitter? The rate around here is 25dhs/hr (about $6.80/hr), though if I find a good babysitter, I try to pay more like 30dhs/hr. However, I liked my friend Jen's comment of setting out a lump sum for each babysitting engagement - that way you can take into account the intensity of the duties the babysitter will be responsible for.

Due to the language warning, I'm afraid to click on the actual company's website (this link is ok), but you can now send glitter to your enemies. Brilliant!

Duke University said they would broadcast the call to prayer from the campus chapel, but then had to cancel it because of stupid people.

Utah has an interesting way of dealing with homeless people. I love how Pendleton interacted with the interviewer in this clip. Hilarious. [HT Kathy]

2 comments:

Suzanne Bubnash said...

The Ensign article is marvelous. I read it last week and am still thinking about it.

Glenda The Good said...

I pay my babysitter $10 an hour. It's what I used to get paid by the family I continued to babysit for all through college back in the 1990's :) I think if you want to keep a good babysitter you need to be willing to pay what they want to get the good ones...in Utah there are a million teenagers I guess you can pay a little less....or in Kenya where woman are willing to work an entire day for 6.50....meanwhile in Indiana I have to pay at least 10 to keep them coming back when I call :) I figure considering that's what that family used to pay me it is worth it. Loved the food tips! Can't wait to hear Jeremy's post about the run...haha the 3 day run. Just doesn't sound cool enough to say the race.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails