Friday, January 02, 2015

January 2nd, outsourced

Who killed Lois Duncan's daughter? An article about the investigation of the murder of a young woman who happens to be the daughter of the woman who wrote I Know What You Did Last Summer.

This is what happens when you order ridiculously cheap clothing from Singapore.

Christmas in Qamishli, (Kurdish) Syria.

I loved this interview with Steven Pinker about grammar, and how it gets heated to the point where he calls someone else an ignoramus.

Workplaces need more walls, not fewer. [HT Jeremy]

Your deepest, darkest fears, illustrated. [HT Jessie]

In case you missed the Dubai NYE fireworks show, here's a video!

The best places to be born in 2013.

4 comments:

Suzanne Bubnash said...

What a super duper fireworks show. I would like to know how long it takes that to be set up.

The murder case is so intriguing but if the novelist/Mom and her helpers can't solve it after all these years, it likely won't be. Sad and unfair.

Susanne said...

Loved the grammar article, and that man's curly hair!

Myrna said...

Thanks so much for this! I was a huge Lois Duncan fan. I am pretty sure that I, and my two oldest daughters, read everything she wrote up to Don't Look Behind You. After I read Who Killed my Daughter?, though, I lost my stomach for teen suspense. It was just too sickeningly real. I did not know that Lois had written the follow-up book about the murder, so I am going to look for that. Also, if you have not read her books, they really are good reads. My favorite is Locked in Time. My favorite line from the book, which I will hopelessly misquote since I have not read it for twenty years or something like that, is about what could be worse than being fourteen years old forever? Awesome book.

Liz Johnson said...

I finally read the Lois Duncan article. Holy moly. I can't imagine living without any closure after something like that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails