Monday, February 16, 2015

Downton Abbey 5.7 (SPOILERS)



I love how Tony is all but broadcasting his huge secret that he slept with Mary: "I can't tell you what it is, but there is a BIG REASON I can never break up with Mary. We did something...Look, I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS. It just means it wouldn't be "honourable" to break up, know what I mean?"

Anna and Bates should never plan their future. Never. Fate will find a way to mess it up. It does seem ungenerous and out of character for the Bateses to snub Baxter for talking to the police. It's the kind of thing they would have chastised Thomas for back in the day.

Isis is done for, I'm certain. I think a dog lying listless on the floor is the animal version of a character developing a cough. A cough always means death is on the way.

Rose in that blue dress. To die for!

I loved Lady Violet's grace in conceding that she and Mrs. Crawley were BFFs. I hope their womance can survive Isobel's marriage.

5 comments:

Justin said...

I knew the dog, Isis was a goner this season after the whole ISIS "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" terror scene! I wondered what they were going to do. Poor poor, cancer ridden Isis! Hopefully they will get a new puppy for the kiddos.

Justin said...

The comment is actually from Allison. I must be signed in under his account!

Bridget said...

I don't read a lot of outside stuff about DA, but I did read somewhere that Fellowes claims it has nothing to do with ISIS that they are killing off the dog. That according to the timeline of the show, she's just old and it's natural that she would be dying. Who knows? I could see it both ways. Maybe it's that she's old, AND the ISIS thing.

Caitlin Carroll said...

I never thought about Isis as ISIS.

Also -- I feel like the dog must be 15 years old by now? Wasn't she in the very first episodes? I can't remember. So, probably her time. But so heart-wrenching. She's the best character in the show.

I love Atticus. If they make him turn rotten, I'm going to be sad.

Bridget said...

Caitlin, I looked it up and there was a dog in Season 1, but s/he was named Pharaoah. I have no idea why Isis seems to be a different dog.

I've seen this whole season, so if you really want to know about Atticus, just ask. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails