Monday, February 23, 2015

Downton Abbey 5.8 (SPOILERS)




Have they been keeping Rose out of the color blue until now, to let her beauty shine all at once? She is a vision in blue.

And Denker (?) is right - Lady Violet does look divine in purples due to her coloring.

Mary is too much sometimes. Inviting Branson and Rose to lunch, and "even you, Edith." Even you! She is asking for another incident on par with a certain letter to the Turkish ambassador that I remember.

OH MAN. Branson should forget the garage job in Boston and become a private investigator instead! I'm glad someone could see those photographs for what they were. Was he involved in that thing where Mary had to steal a letter back from Jarndyce v. Jarndyce? He and Mary reminiscing about the old days made me tear up. And then I laughed, because "evening pajamas" is just too hilarious.

I keep thinking about Susan and how awful she is. In that one episode in the Highlands a season or two ago, she came off like an all-around jerk. But now I wonder if we're supposed to see that she is perhaps suffering from something like depression.

Speaking of sad people: Mary. I think much of her snark and spark come from trying to cover up a very sad inside. Where the heck is Evelyn Napier Charles Blake?

OK. Anna. Now I can't remember - is it possible that she killed Mr. Green? We were so diverted by the suspicion cast on Mr. Bates that now I can't think where Anna was on that day, or if we even know.

5 comments:

Señora H-B said...

Oh man, the memorial for Mrs. Patmore's nephew made me tear up. How sweet of Lord Grantham.

How long until he figures out the true origin of Edith's 'adopted' daughter....

Señora H-B said...

Ha! I should have waited until the very end of the episode....

Aimee said...

Yes! Rose is just stunning in blue, that outfit from last week was amazing!

I wish the new Marigold was as cute as the last one, this one doesn't seem very emotive. Also, did it bother anyone at the end when Robert says that Marigold reminds him of Michael Gregson? Did he even know the man well enough to see a resemblance between the two? I think it would have been better if he had said she reminded him of Edith, he already seemed to have put two and two together.

Also, the writing seems to be getting worse and worse. The scene between Mary and Carson seemed too contrived, like he and Mary hadn't talked all season so they had to fit it in quick. Speaking of Mary, I do not like the vibes I was getting with her and Tom. Leave that be. Come on!

Over the whole Green murder subplot. He was a valet that was killed in a time when around fifty people died a day in London. There would not be such an exhaustive investigation for this guy who they now know was also a serial rapist. I think Anna was in London with Mary that day, but I don't care! I think Mrs. Hughs pushed the dude in front of the lorry. It couldn't have been Anna or she wouldn't have been suspicious of Bates this whole time. Maybe it was one of the other dozen women he rapped or their fathers/brothers/lovers.

Can't wait for the Christmas special next week!

Joey Leavitt said...

So, I've never actually seen Downton Abby, but I'm kind of wondering if we're going to get a write-up of Jeremy's multi-stage desert run/camp thingy? There is a small but rabid fan base (consisting of me) that really got off on the Germany 100k and Oman relay race posts.

Bridget said...

I'll pass on your request. I think he was almost so tired from the actual event that he couldn't manage a write-up. But maybe, just maybe, he's recovered by now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails