The other day I was getting it all set up, though, and I realized what a hassle it was:
- projector plugged into power strip because outlets are sparse and inconveniently located behind beds in that room.
- computer plugged into power strip, with adapter for the UK outlet.
- external speakers charged up, because power strip only has room for the projector and the computer.
- speakers connected to computer.
- computer connected to projector.
- projector on bathroom stool to make it the right height, but this is a balancing act because if it's not just so, it will jiggle lose any one of the cables or power cords and disrupt the entire operation.
- hardwire computer to ethernet cable because that thing is a dinosaur and wireless doesn't work.
- connect to VPN.
- get on Netflix.
- WATCH MOVIE.
So when it was all said and done, I realized that some people watch movies on a big screen all the time, and it's called a flat screen TV. Sigh. At least our girls will remember what a big deal it was to watch a movie on a screen bigger than a computer monitor.
(And hopefully not how frazzled it made mom.)