Friday, April 10, 2015

April 10th, outsourced

I wasn't on the nets much this week. Here's what I have for you.

Watch the Star Wars "I am your father" scene in 20 languages! These are definitely of different quality and feel. The Arabic one sounds like someone speaking into a walkie talkie. [HT Andrew]

In the category of baby gender reveal parties, we have this woman finding out she's having a girl after six boys; and this couple who staged a fight between the sexes, with the winner representing which one the baby is. Very clever.

Elementary school flashbacks. Yep.

I appreciated this short essay on beauty. The video they do-but-don't reference is this one from Dove. I would totally have been that woman at 1:45 who was like, "nope, didn't need to go inside that building anyway."

3 comments:

Crys said...

Agreed...there is nothing I needed enough that would make me walk through those doors ;)

breanne said...

I thought the same thing. I would reject labeling myself even if I needed to go in the building. Don't they have back doors? And where were the men? Were those women-only buildings? Or did all of the men label themselves as "beautiful" and get on with it? :)

Suzanne Bubnash said...

I'm showing my age. On the elementary school flashbacks the ones that pertained to me were 2,3,25,29,30,32. No smelly markers in the 50s-60s-70s!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails