Friday, April 17, 2015

April 17th, outsourced

I found this account of an internet writer's life without WiFi to be very interesting.

I know it's the Daily Mail, but wow, four American high schoolers were accepted to all eight Ivy League universities!

Kids are THE BEST. Look up that flying fairy video on its own if you can - it makes me laugh every time.

My mom sent me this article about getting through tough times in parenthood. I totally agree that some of us are not [insert stage] people - the baby stage is really hard for me, and so it was nice to feel validated.

Here's that Cheryl's Birthday brainteaser, solved.

NAMES 2014!!!!!!!!!!

What is parenthood like? SO TRUE. [HT Andrew]

I'm sure you saw the click-baity headline about the CEO who cut his own salary to raise the salaries of his employees to at least $70k each. I was sure there was a catch...but no, he really did.

Lebanon Shot Twice - photos during the civil war and now.

This is what our kids' school lunches look like. [HT Andrew]

This couple kept it a secret that they were having twins, and then filmed everyone's reactions when they saw the babies for the first time.

I loved seeing the kids in action at this awesome kindergarten in Kyoto!

I meant to share this last week - Dark Lord Funk You Up. Your kids will want to watch it on an endless loop, if they're like mine. [HT Jeremy]

My friend Liz is going to Botswana to record women's oral histories. GoFundHer, please.

3 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

YOU ARE THE BEST. Thank you!! Gah, I'm so touched by you putting the fundraiser on there!!!

Also, that twin baby video made me cry the whole freaking thing. So, so, so cool.

I think it's fascinating that all four kids that were accepted to the 8 Ivy League colleges are the kids of first-generation immigrants. It makes me so hopeful for the world, although I recognize that social mobility/opportunity doesn't happen that fast for many/most immigrant families.

Suzanne Bubnash said...

I am anti creative spelling for names, anti masculine-sounding names for girls, anti made-up names, so I want to lecture those Idaho moms big time. Their kid is now "branded"--everyone's gonna know right off he/she is from Idaho, the cradle of embarrassingly gaggy names, or the second-place runner up, Utah. And they're gonna think Mom & Dad are idiots who can't spell and who think they're being clever but they're not. Ugh. Poor kids, poor teachers . . .

Sarah Cook said...

I could only watch the Dark Lord Funk You Up once, because then it was stuck in my head for DAYS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails