Friday, May 01, 2015

May 1st, outsourced

This was officially my favorite article this week: the tech oddities of the generation born in the late 70s and early 80s. We really are weird, and this article explained why so well. [HT Amber]

Girl, you don't need makeup - parody video with Amy Schumer.

A test iPad was stolen from a home. Also, a person was kidnapped. (I swear the first version of this article I read did not include the part about the person being released.) [HT Jessie]

Forty years ago: the evacuation of Saigon. [HT Suzanne]

Airline seat swapping turns rough and tumble: interesting article. [HT Suzanne]

2 comments:

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Strange to live in a world where it's just minor news that a person was kidnapped. The news-worthy thing was that an important piece of future technology was taken.

Similar that in our 2015 world, animals are taking precedence over people in some situations (and I like animals, so no offense meant here). I read about fires or other accidents where the human victims are hardly mentioned, but we are made aware that a dog or hamster etc. is missing. This happened recently in a residence fire near us. I was wondering how the human victims were faring, and the news only let me know that the pets hadn't been found.

Blair Walker said...

Hopefully the kidnapped iPad wasn't harmed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails